IIRSM Accredited Programs
IIRSM Approved Personal Protective Equipment
This course is designed to develop the participant’s:
- Awareness of the correct usage of PPE.
- Knowledge of PPE work practices
- Understanding of the control measures required while using PPE
Training shall consist of a combination of formal instruction (e.g., lecture, discussion, interactive, video, written material). Each candidate will undergo a theory assessment (multiple-choice questions) at the end of the course.
By the end of this training program delegates will
- Gain knowledge of the correct usage of PPE.
- Be able to Safely and properly select, use and care for the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Be aware of the different types of PPE including their uses and limitations.
- Appreciate the importance of PPE in terms of when other controls are not practicable or available.
The course will cover the following topics
- Course objectives
- Safety moment
- Corrective / Preventive Measures
- Choosing & Using
- What is Personal Hygiene?
- General Safety Hazards
- Procedure Requirements
- Individual Responsibility
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Protecting Others
- Self Protection Equipment
- Eyes and Face Protection and Examples
- Head and Neck Protection
- Ears (Hearing Protection) and Examples
- Breathing Protection and Examples
- Examples of Exosure
- Hands and Arms
- Feet and Legs
- Body Protection
- Fall Protection Devices
- Example of Work that requires Fall Protection
- Self Protection