Workshops and Events
Repetitive Strain Injuries Prevention and Office Ergonomics
The purpose of this 2-day workshop is to provide participants with the required knowledge and skills to enable them to identify symptoms and causes of work-related upper limbs disorders. Throughout the two days, participants would be able to achieve a better understanding of office ergonomic setup and be able to evaluate and adjust their own workstations accordingly.
Despite common beliefs that the office provides a safe environment in which to work, many hazards exist which cause thousands of injuries and health problems each year among office workers. Since one-third of the work force is in offices, even low rates of work-related injuries and illnesses can have an immense impact on employee safety and health.
The delivery will be done using a blended learning approach using a variety of training methods including role playing, individual activities, group discussions and activities, relevant case studies to keep trainees engaged at all times.
The course workshop employs various approaches and techniques to identify repetitive strain injuries symptoms and causes
There will be a focus is on ergonomic workstation setup as it’s one of the root causes of such injuries.
Each candidate using a checklist provided by the trainer would carry out a practical application of workstation evaluation.
By the end of this program participants will;
- Know the and understand the causes of repetitive strain injuries (RSI) or upper limbs disorders and the symptoms of Repetitive strain/motion injuries
- Have a better understanding of ergonomic principles.
- Outline exercises designed to reduce the risk of injury and be able to identify different symptoms and causes of discomfort.
- Conduct an evaluation and adjustment of their own workstation.
- Gain the necessary skills and knowledge to identify a repetitive strain injury at its early stages and know of behavioral and environmental factors leading to such injuries
- Know about types of equipment and ergonomic accessories effective in reducing the risk of injury
- Do exercises and stretches that can help to prevent or relieve RSIs
- Learn practical and realistic prevention methods?
- Know the causes, consequences and related costs of occupational stress.
Health and Safety Professionals looking after the process of repetitive strain injuries prevention at their workplace
The workshops is also an added value to everyone working in an office environment or uses a workstation for a considerable amount of time on his daily work especially
Workshops and Events Outline
- Repetitive Strain/Motion Injuries (RSI) or Upper Limbs Disorder
- Causes of RSIs
- Stages of Pain
- Symptoms of RSIs
- Risk Factors (Physical – Psychological – Environment)
- Office Ergonomics
- What is Ergonomics?
- Adjusting your Work station
- Sitting practices
- Work Surface
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Ergonomic Accessories
- Job Design
- Workstation evaluation and setup
- Workplace and Office Exercises
- Workstation Checklist
- Symptom Troubleshooting
- Sick Building Syndrome
- Office air and Ventilation
- Occupational Stress (Definition, causes and symptoms)
- Own office workstation evaluation practical exercise to be completed and submitted on day 2 of the course