IIRSM Accredited Programs
IIRSM Approved Equipment Operational Safety
Training shall consist of a combination of formal instruction (e.g., lecture, discussion, interactive, video, written material), practical training (demonstrations performed by the trainer and practical exercises performed by the trainee) and evaluation of the operator’s performance in the workplace.
Each candidate will undergo a theory assessment test evaluation for successfully completing the course.
By the end of this course participants should be able to:
- Types of Heavy Equipment
- Hazards Associated with Heavy Equipment, Skid steer loader and excavator.
- Injury / Illness Prevention for Heavy Equipment Operations
- Safety Control measures to be considered in the operation.
- Applicable Standards
All heavy equipment operators and Supervisors
The course will cover the following topics:
- Identify the Heavy Equipment used
- List of types of Construction Equipment
- Types of Heavy Equipment in construction site
- Group A : earthmoving equipment
- Group B : construction vehicles
- Motor Grader
- Excavator Equipment
- Wheel Loader. Skid Loader
- Compactor with Sheep Foot attachment.
- Dump Trucks
- Lifting Equipment
- Loading and Hauling Equipment
- Compaction Equipment
- Grading and Finishing Equipment
- Paying and Surface Treatment Equipment
- Accident by causes
- Importance of Safety and general hazards
- Injury/Illness Prevention
- Measures to secure Safety
- Understanding Machine condition and Maintenance
- Safe Operation
- Safety management at work sites
- Safety Rules and Checks
- Safe operation around heavy Equipment
- Hand Signals
- Other Safety measures for General and specific Equipment
- Personal protection
- Case Studies
- Applicable Standards.